Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Stocking Stuffers: Part 5 Button Magnets

Here's a great gift you (or your child) can make!
Fabric button magnets:

Here's what you'll need:

I bought the buttons at WalMart.

Step One:
Remove the metal U from the back of the flat piece.

Step Two:
Place your fabric over the button "cup"

Step Three:
Place the rounded side of button inside the "cup"

Step Four:
Trim the extra fabric

Step Five:
Place the flat back in the cup and press with the included plastic thingy.

Step Six:
Stick a magnet on the back. I like the ones with the adhesive already on the back. (These came from Michael's but Walmart probably has them)
Voila! Ain't it great?

The boys are making these for their teachers for Christmas.
I'm making these for just about everyone, because I love them. They look so good on the fridge.
These are for Sharon.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Love it! But I am confused...what is a button cup? Does it come with the buttons? I cant wait to make these with my daughter!

Danielle Porter said...

The buttons they sell at Walmart come with everything you need, except the fabric and magnet. It's really easy once you look at the pack - they cost about 1.25 Also, if you get the size 7/8" buttons they are perfect for the 3/4" magnets, which are easiest to find.

sober white women said...

I am a quilter so I have a ton of fabric! Those would look really cute in a small jar. Then the jar can double as part of the gift.
Kelli

Sharon said...

YAY!!!!!!! I am excited....if I am the same Sharon you are talking about HAHA!